* Tierra Maya Cancellation Policies *
- 1/2 of your entire reservation is charged and processed at the time your reservation is made and
the deposit amount is non-refundable. We will not refund deposits due to canceled flights, changes
in travel itineraries (whether they are your changes, an airline’s changes, or another property’s
changes for which you have reservations), changes in personal schedules, family emergencies, or for
any reason other than Hotel Tierra Maya being unable to open for business. We highly recommend
travel insurance if you are traveling during hurricane season, or if you have uncertain scenarios
related to your family or your work schedule.
- The balance of your reservation is due on the day of your arrival and the credit card information
on file will be used to process your balance. If you wish to use another credit card to pay your
balance, please make the appropriate arrangements BEFORE your arrival, so that we can accommodate
your special request. Canceling your reservation on the day of your arrival is treated as a
“no show” in which case, the entire balance of your reservation will be processed.
- Changes to arrival and departure dates are often not possible after reservations are made and deposits
are forfeited if original reservation cannot be honored by client and Hotel Tierra Maya cannot
accommodate a change to your original dates of arrival and/or departure.
- No refunds on early departure
- Mastercard and Visa cards are accepted for room charges only
- Restaurant charges are to be paid in Mexican Pesos. There are no ATM machines or banks in or near
Xcalak, so bring plenty of cash or pesos BEFORE traveling. In-room safes are provided in three of
our downstairs rooms and Hotel Tierra Maya has an office safe for personal valuables and money.
- Tierra Maya does not honor traveler's checks. Few of the Mexican Banks will accept traveler’s cheques
from their account holders, so traveler’s cheques are accepted by very few hotels or restaurants in
- We grant a 24-hour grace period from the time you make your reservation to the time we process your
deposit so that you may have time to review all of our policies and cancel or make changes without
- If you have any questions regarding our policies, please inquire BEFORE making your reservation
- Notes from the Owners: Our policies are quite lenient compared with other small hotel/resorts in the
Caribbean where many hotel/resorts force you to pay for your entire stay when making your reservation.
Unlike other small hotel/resorts, we do not have a minimum-stay here at Tierra Maya. We employ and
maintain a full-time staff of seven local Mexican and Mayan employees. Our policies are quite
different and more stringent than some other large hotels because we are small and depend on our
clients to make responsible decisions when traveling to our remote area of Yucatan. We are not
located in a large city like Cancun or Cozumel or even Chetumal, where walk-in traffic is common
and hotel advertising campaigns are profound. We depend on advance reservations, usually through
our internet presence and from our good reputation, and when you cancel your reservation with us,
we have already turned away others who would’ve liked to stay with us. Many times, we turn away
large groups because we are bound to honor your one or two-room reservation. And most times, we
are bound to pay reservation service commissions for your reservation since we use two reservation
services in the United States to make it easier for you to communicate with us. These commissions
come out of our pocket, not yours. We are also paying international credit card transaction fees
to process your deposits and payments which is not an expense we pass on to you. So, we are not
trying to be unreasonable. We feel that we give you every opportunity to read and understand our
policies prior to making your reservation. Our policies are printed on our web site and on our
confirmations that are sent to you when you make your reservation.
- For more information related to Ground Transportation to and from the Cancun Airport to Xcalak,
Trip and Travel Insurance, Car Rental Agencies, and more, please click on our "Links"
link on our web site http://www.tierramaya.net .
Cancellation Policy Acceptance (REQUIRED)
YES, I have read the "Cancellation Policies" and agree to the terms there-in.